Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Media Library

Using 2.1.1 and I don't get the option to upload a file to attach an image on a sheet - any ideas on how to get that option to appear

9 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Teresa Hooper,

In the Management console you have a tab which says "Content Library". If you upload the image to the default folder in this tab(This implicitly stores the image to the servers repository),then the image will show up and can be used in any application or sheet.

If you want to restrict access, you can do so using the security rules.

Thanks,

-Sangram

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for replying - but I am only use QSense Desktop not Qlikview - and I didnt think QSense on the desktop has a management console - is that correct.

I did get around it my putting the picture in the default drive  - although does not explain why I don't have an Upload File in the images area when I create an text/image box.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

If you want to add a picture to sheets or the app you can do it in Desktop. See below.

BR

Serhan

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

There should be an option to upload a file in the bottom left hand corner.

I need it to.  I think it might be an issue with the release as it seems strange its missing.

http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.1/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/Hub/Content/MediaLibrary/MediaLibrary-ove...

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Teresa,

Just to confirm, Have you placed the images in "C:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Content\Default" folder?

This is where the images are picked up from.

- Sangram

Not applicable
Author

I also have same problem. Option for uploading is not visible.

Can anyone suggest the solution?

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

This option is only available of user has assigned with content admin role and app is in my work and not published

Not applicable
Author

I am using Qlik Sense desktop version which is meant to be for personal use

Giuseppe_Panella
Employee
Employee

For Qlik Sense Desktop: You can place images in the following folder on your computer: C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Content\Default. Images will be available in the default folder in the media library. 

You can find more informations here

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/MediaLibrary/MediaLi...