Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Formular sorting one number

hey @ all,

i am having a problem with a diagram and the values which shoud be shorted for this diagramm.

The Problem:

I had to make some diagrams from some orderings but the order is the last two numbers from a value in this number.

For example:

Ordernumber1: 100458500030

Ordernumber2: 100898500080

My testing idea was to that there is a condition using the formula like =if(OperationId=(*30),OperationId) but the *30 isn't working.

For this diagram i want to sort after 30 and 80.

All with 30 at the end in one diagramm and all 80 in the the other one.

I didn't find any way to make this working.

And my desire is that i can generate diagrams after every, i will say status(30,80), for this at runtime.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

I don't know what you mean by 'Diagram' either but if you want to use that 2 last digits as a dimension you may create it as a field:

LOAD ....

Right(OperationId, 2) as StepNumber

To show only by department (without empy 'diagrams') depends of the kind of chart you're using and how distributes the information, maybe you find that issue or maybe it directly works as you want.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Tim, I'm not sure to understand the problem but about your 'If' testing, you can try with:

=if(Right(OperationId, 2)='30',OperationId)

MarcoWedel

please post some more sample data and your exprected result.

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

@Ruben Marin:

Thx for your request this was the right formula. My solution for the first step now is:

sum(if(Right(OperationId, 2)='30',yield.primary))

yield.primary = the pices per Order

The second problem with more sample data and information:

OrderIDs:                                       department:

Ordernumber1: 100458500030               IT

Ordernumber2: 100898500080               IT

Ordernumber3: 100834300080               production

Ordernumber4: 100789500010               production

Ordernumber5: 100321500050               production

In the table above you can see that there are two orders for IT with two different last numbers: 30 and 80

And for prodction there are 3: 10, 50 and 80

My idea is that i can create diagramms dynamic for each department and the last numbers.

For example: Cost center one hast 2 steps for making a product and cost center two has 3.

If the user is looking at a cost center he wants to see the data for every step but the problem is that there are different steps(numbers) and different numbers in steps.

My question is how can i solve this that qlikview shows two diagramms for IT (30,80) and for production 3 (80,10,50) without looking at 3 diagramms(one empty) in IT.

I hope you can understand my idea.

Thx for all your comments.

Tim

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You are missing Like operator with wildmatch string, try this:

=if(OperationId like '*30',OperationId)   //will work for sure

Also check the Suppress null values

Kushal_Chawda

Create the two flags in the script

=if(wildmatch(Ordernumber1,'*30',1) as OrderFlag_30,

if(wildmatch(Ordernumber1,'*80',1) as OrderFlag_80

Now you can use this Flag in your expression

{<OrderFlag_30={'1'}>}

Kushal_Chawda

what do you mean by Diagram? Can you draw one Diagram for us?

rubenmarin

I don't know what you mean by 'Diagram' either but if you want to use that 2 last digits as a dimension you may create it as a field:

LOAD ....

Right(OperationId, 2) as StepNumber

To show only by department (without empy 'diagrams') depends of the kind of chart you're using and how distributes the information, maybe you find that issue or maybe it directly works as you want.

Not applicable
Author

sample.png

This is a sample i made.

Every of this chart should be on the same page.

The left one is cost center X with two operations. op 10 and op 80 should be shown.

The middle is how it looks now. A diagramm with no data in op 30 for cost center Y.

But i only want to look at the right side with the op 10 shown on the page for this costcenter.

rubenmarin

If you create one field to store the operation (or StepNumber) you can use this field as the conditional show of the chart, in the 'Design' tab check the 'Conditional' option and an expression similar to:

=Count({<StepNumber={'30'}, CostCenter={'Y'}>} StepNumber)

If the count is =0 (no records with StepNumber='30' for the CostCenter='Y') the chart will be hidden.