Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bindu_apte
Creator III
Creator III

Scheduling tasks in Management console

Hi Team,

Is it possible to give access to users only to schedule the tasks in management console.

User cant do other tasks like reloading or publishing.

Regards,

Bindu Apte

1 Solution
9 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Bindu,

unfortunately you can't restrict users to individual areas within QMC, it's all OR nothing.

HTH Andy

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

PLEASE NOTE:

Document Administrators is ONLY applicable when PUBLISHER is installed, NOT QV SERVER alone.

HTH

Andy

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can restrict access to specific documents and their tasks for so-called Document Administrators. You can do this only if you have a QlikView Publisher.

However, if you allowe your users to schedule tasks, then you allow them to create/modify tasks. Those permissions come with the privilege to run tasks (=reload immediately or according to a schedule) and publish them (which is the end-result of every reload of an end-user document)

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont think that such facilty QMC is having.

Also I would say Your customer have paid for this Qlik Analytics, why you want to restrict.

After one time development if Customer want to have access, give it

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

It may the actual customer that wishes to restrict access.

Andy

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You want to limit users to only creating or modifying tasks, without the ability to start a task. For that you will have to create your own application (for example, dotNet) using the QMS API.

-Rob

bindu_apte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It helped me. But I need one more information.

Whether we can hide the tabs in QMC? like user need to see only system and document tab.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can set up two types of users:

- QlikView Administrators  see all Tabs.

If you have Publisher, you can set up Document Administrators. They see Document and Tasks tabs for the folders they are authorized to.

-Rob