Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line charts with dynamic / filterable measures

Hello

I've been having some troubles designing a line chart with multiple measures. I recently learned that you'd add more measures to add more lines, and within that measure, add functionality that specifies the data for that specific line, like this: Sum ({<area_name={"Something">} energy)

And as the dimension is year, I can get the energy usage per year, but also per area through different lines.

However, I would like to filter what measures to view, in this case, areas. So these areas have parent areas, and I would like to know if, somehow I could filter what areas (measures) to display in my line chart.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Eddie,

I think this is what you are referring to based on the problems description.

S1.PNG

Only the selected measures plotted.

S2.PNG

Find the Qvf attached.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

I am not to sure what you are trying to achieve, could you possibly expand a little more or share some sample data?

Mark

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Eddie,

I think this is what you are referring to based on the problems description.

S1.PNG

Only the selected measures plotted.

S2.PNG

Find the Qvf attached.

Not applicable
Author

Hello

Thanks for the reply, I tested out your application and it worked very good, I remade it so that the "Forecast" measures in this example derived from a parent value, which was very valuable. I learned a lot from your example.

Thank you!

prananellutla
Creator
Creator

HI sangram- for some reason multi select is not working on for me. is there anything specific  you did?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks a lot of uploading this sample. Works perfectly!