Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mazacini
Creator III
Creator III

Wouldn't it make sense to allow users with personal edition to open Share QlikViews?

I think the qvw samples in Share Qlikviews would be a great resource for newbies. I have only been able to open one so far, as all others run into the embedded licence problem.

Can these samples be made accesible to personal edition users?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Joe,

Thanks for the note, and I apologize for this issue. We actually have a few files that we enabled for use with Personal Edition, but they were accidentally applied a time-sensitive license key that has since expired. I am in the process of getting a permanent license key and updating the more popular and useful files for Personal Edition.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

Joe,

Thanks for the note, and I apologize for this issue. We actually have a few files that we enabled for use with Personal Edition, but they were accidentally applied a time-sensitive license key that has since expired. I am in the process of getting a permanent license key and updating the more popular and useful files for Personal Edition.

mazacini
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Jason

There does seem to be a lot more files available for opening with my personal licence. I have plenty of fantastic templates to be going on with for the moment!

Joe

Not applicable

Hi,

Did you manage to fix the problem with shared QlikViews? I have blocked my personal edition after opening couple of files 😞

Kind regards,

Przemek

mazacini
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sorry for delay in responding - I just saw this now!

The issue i had was with opening files intended for use by Personal Edition users and made available on the Qlikview site for demo purposes.

However, generally the Personal Edition licence is restricted to files created with that specific licence. I don't think there is any way around it. If you wan't to open up files created by other users, you will need a licenced copy,

Joe