Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to use KPI to compare this month KPI to last month KPI dynamically?

Hi,

I have a KPI figure for revenue and I want to add another measure for last month revenue. How would I accomplish this? How might I change the color of this month revenue and glyphs when this month revenue > last month or < last month?

Thank you so much.

18 Replies
santhoo_san
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Under Measures > Your expression > 'on' conditional colors > click on the Add limit value. you will get colors and symbols. Select the symbol you want.

Capture.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Santosh, I am trying to create exactly what you're illustrated above but I'm not getting anywhere! (I'm very new to Qlik and have been enjoying the out of the box visualisations but dont really have any experience of using expressions or even really where you put them!) I've attached a .qvf in the hope you or any other willing volunteer might have time to throw those expressions in the right places and make it sing so I can see a working demo and backwards engineer it from there! Any help much appreciated, fingers crossed

santhoo_san
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi

Is this you are looking for?

Santhosh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Santhosh, I can't see an attachment, but maybe I'm being blind

santhoo_san
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

here is the attachment

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Santhosh but I don't think that's quite what I was looking for, I'm trying to create your example above that looks like this:

image.png

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

, I'm trying to create your example above that looks like this:

Do you mean the %  sign?

How to: Add Country Flags (201 Flags Included)

santhoo_san
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi

if you are are looking for color and symbol change, you can do so by selecting a name from the list and if you are looking for variance%, that you need to take difference of two different values in place of existing expressions.

Santhosh

Not applicable
Author

No the whole thing i.e three KPIs, one reflecting the month selection, one reflecting the previous month to the month selection, and one displaying the variance.