Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVX Files or Custom Data connector

Hi Qlik Gurus, we are looking some options to directly pull the data from our internal data staging tool (I can call ETL tool) and this tool captures the data from machines & stage the data in the memory. Currently we are storing the data from ETL tool to database & loading to Qlikview. In our environment the data growing rapidly and we are expecting very huge data in Q1 2016. So we are looking some alternative options to load the data directly from in memory of ETL server.

I seen some out box use cases, we can use QVX or Custom connector to pull the data from other than traditional data systems. I am working on the POC like "Is it Possible Qlikview read the data from in memory ETL"

Please guide me, how can I start working on POC.

Thanks in Advance...

5 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I think it is not possible to read data from In memory of ETL server, the data should be stored anywhere in your disk or database then only Qlikview can read.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

I am looking for documentation how to create QVX files. An example of QVX files from Informtica.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

See here:

QVX SDK Libraries and Examples

QVX SDK Instructions

QlikView QVX File Format

Not your typical Qlik Community subject as most members will never touch QVX streams or files.

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

BTW there already is an QlikView Informatica Connector that uses QVX as a stream interface. Do you want to reinvent this connector?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I never tried this, I think you have download and install the Qlikview Informatica connecor.  Check this links below for more info

QlikView Connector for Informatica PowerCenter

QlikView Connector for Informatica PowerCenter | Qlik

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.