Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Show data over all the available months when the user has selected only one?

Hi,

I have a straight table chart that shows the following:

- The user can select any of the available months (available in the base file
   => The chart shows the hrs a forklift was in operation (the grand total)

- Based on this, the month before (the one selected by the user) is generated
´  => The chart also shows the grand total of operating hrs at the end of the month before

=> Based on these two, the hrs. the forklift was in operation during this month are calculated

- I know how many working days there were in any given month
   => The hrs a forklift was in operation per day (on average) is calculated

- I know how many working hrs there are in one day
   => The utilization (in %) of a forklift in that month is displayed.

Now I would like to include a mini-chart or so displaying the development of the utilization over all the months available in the list;
=> That means I will have to calculate the nr. of operating hrs in every month using the grand totals in the list.

The question is, can I somehow do this directly on the GUI? My approach would be to just have one more table with some "inbetween calculations" in the script to feed this mini-chart, which would mean re-creating in the script some of the formulas that I already have on the GUI - but maybe there is a better/ more elegant way?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Okay,

I finally figured it out myself.

I just removed  this loop, I am calculating the differences inbetween the fields in the actual LOAD now in case they are filled - if the fieldname  begins with "dummy", my difference_field says "NN", I will have to filter those out in an additional step.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

View solution in original post

4 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I'm getting started on this in the script. The thing is, I don't know exactly how many columns with grand_totals of operating hrs (one per month) are in my base file - that is determined at runtime. I need a second table very similar to that one, so I'd rather just load it RESIDENT, that would be much faster. But

=> Can I load RESIDENT from a table all the fields that begin with a certain string - when I don't know the exact
      field_name nor how many fields of that kind there are?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

Okay. I have a table now with 13 fields or so - they are all labeled in this format:

- >> Betriebsstunden Januar 2015 <<

(starting from Dec 2014 and going through october obviously)

Keep in mind, I have to assume that I don't know how many and which fields there are as it changes every month.

Now I have to take all those fields in pairs of 2 and using these 2 total_operating_hrs, I can calculate the operating_hrs within one month - I have to start at 2 which is January 2015, so I have to subtract the grand_total of Dec_14 from the one in Jan_15.

I have to do this in a loop.

I paste here the code I have up to now in that loop.

As you can see, the two fields are recognized and due to the $()-expansion they are expanded to their value; The third line which should hold the actual calculation does not work yet.

Can someone help me there?

I attach a small sample_file with some bogus data for this (only the first three months and an ID)

FOR i = 2 TO 3 //Das Startfeld 2 entspr. dem Feld v_field_34, das ist der Januar des aktuellen Jahres
  j = $(i)+32;
LET v_fieldname = chr(39) & chr(36) & '(v_field_' & $(j) & ')' & chr(39);
LET v_fieldname2 = chr(39) & chr(36) & '(v_field_' & ($(j)-1) & ')' & chr(39);
LET v_calc_new = $(v_fieldname) - $(v_fieldname2);
NEXT i

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

now I have the following code which almost works.

FOR i = 2 TO 3 //Das Startfeld 2 entspr. dem Feld v_field_34, das ist der Januar des aktuellen Jahres
  j = $(i)+32;
LET v_field1 = chr(39) & 'v_field_' & $(j) & chr(39);
LET v_field2 = chr(39) & 'v_field_' & ($(j)-1) & chr(39);
LET v_calc = $(v_field1) & '-' & $(v_field2);
$(v_calc)
NEXT i 

It now works up to the third line, the calculation is assembled almost correctly - but the $()-expansion shows $(v_field1) as v_field34 and $(v_field2) as v_field34 - so I need to expand them a second time. I'll try ...

I think there is a blog around here on that, isn't there? I just cannot find it - the search is quite difficult if you don't know the exact name of the post you search, you get all sorts of stuff you were not searching for ...

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Okay,

I finally figured it out myself.

I just removed  this loop, I am calculating the differences inbetween the fields in the actual LOAD now in case they are filled - if the fieldname  begins with "dummy", my difference_field says "NN", I will have to filter those out in an additional step.

Best regards,

DataNibbler