Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rank top 3 with 2 dimensions

Hello,

I want the top 3 theft of cars by 2 dimensions city and by brand of cars. So for example this is my table:

city (dimension)brand car (dimension)car theft (expression)
Groningentoyota5%
volvo14%
bmw18%
Amsterdamtoyota2%
renault7%
mercedes9%
Rotterdamvolkswagen31%
citroen9%
peugeot22%

Then i want to show only rotterdam Volkswagen (31%), Rotterdam Peugeot(22%) and Groningen bmw(18%). I got already a document with the title ' show top  performers'. This document is telling about how you can rank with the formula rank and agr. I tried a lot of things with this. But i do not get it right. Does somebody know how you can do something like this?

regards,

Camiel

14 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

That's because in your set expression for the increase calculation, you filter for Brands with more than 5 thefts, not for the combination Brand&City. To enable this, create a field in the data model

LOAD

City,

Brand,

Autonumber(City & Brand) as CityBrandID,

And use this in your set analysis.

See attached

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much! This is great!

Not applicable
Author

Hello Swuehl,

i got it almost in my dataset. i got the top 3. But i still see the others. See the attached file. The formula looks like the same as you. What am i doing wrong?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You just need to edit your chart, in chart properties, go to something called Add-On, data processing (? not sure, translated it from my language), then disable 'show NULL values'.

Not applicable
Author

I got it! thank you very much!