cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelsmith
Contributor III
Contributor III

Transfer of Configuration Files When Migrating From QlikView to Qlik Sense

I'm currently looking into the potential of migrating existing QlikView applications over to Qlik Sense.  I have already been able to glean from the material posted on the forums that only a partial transfer is possible i.e. the data model and scripting elements of the QlikView app can be transferred to Qlik Sense, however any object visualisations need to be recreated.

My question therefore relates to the transfer of existing configuration files currently used in conjunction with QlikView over for use with Qlik Sense.  Can the existing file with it's embedded script simply be transferred across into the new file structure for use with Qlik Sense?  I recognise that there may well be changes required in respect to file paths, but will there need to be any other changes that are made in the existing configuration file for it to be successfully used with the new Qlik Sense app?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Michael,

Every thing is the same with the external script inclusion.

The external script which you had in qlikview might have been embedded like this:

$(Include=..\..\users\sangramr\desktop\test.txt.txt);

You can achieve the same in Qliksense using :

$(Include=[lib://Desktop/Test.txt.txt]);

The only difference being the URL replaced with a data connection.

Hope this helps!

- Sangram

View solution in original post

3 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Michael,

You do not have to migrate any script at all. All you need is to copy the file across to C:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps and then open Qliksense. You will find that the QVW is shown up in the hub. Just open it, reload the document and the QVW is converted into QVF. As simple as that.

You need to build the UI and can role it across. It has taken only one week for us to role out all the existing Dashboards in Qlikview to Qliksense.

Hope this helps.

-Thanks

Sangram

michaelsmith
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sangram,

Thanks for your response.  I understand that the QVW files can be ported across to QlikSense.  What I'm referring to is the scripting held in external .txt files.

Thanks

Michael

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Michael,

Every thing is the same with the external script inclusion.

The external script which you had in qlikview might have been embedded like this:

$(Include=..\..\users\sangramr\desktop\test.txt.txt);

You can achieve the same in Qliksense using :

$(Include=[lib://Desktop/Test.txt.txt]);

The only difference being the URL replaced with a data connection.

Hope this helps!

- Sangram