Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

On event of another task - Error - Task not found

I have 4 tasks that i want to chain together. They are all in the same directory and this directory is my root folder. I am using QVS small business edition server.

I can see the tasks under user documents. I have scheduled the first task based on time. This works fine. However, when i try and schedule the next task "on event of another task" it complains that the task it not found!!! This is very surprising because i am choosing this task from a drop down that the server itself populates -> the drop down is beside a label called "Dependency".

When I read the document it definately not clear that "Dependency" would be the right place to tell QVS what document i need "on event of another taak". However, i can see no other place to enter the "on event of another task "task".

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

QT says this is a defect for people running on Win 2003 Server with no publisher who are also using IE. Try using firefox or another browser with QEMC and this do it. It did for me. See below for more info from QT.

" Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Dear Tim

This is a known Defect 33806 and has been approved by R&D, however due to uncertainties regarding potential related problems and program priorities we cannot guarantee a fix date at this time. Closing Case. The current defect is listed to be released with SR1 due out on 12/15/2010"

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The correct dropdown in this case would not be Dependency, but the task list on the same line as the "one event of another" radio button.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ahh, that drop down looks exactly like what i need. I dont see this drop down in the interface? I am using SBE server Rob. I cant imagine that the option would be in place without the functionality though?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

QT says this is a defect for people running on Win 2003 Server with no publisher who are also using IE. Try using firefox or another browser with QEMC and this do it. It did for me. See below for more info from QT.

" Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Dear Tim

This is a known Defect 33806 and has been approved by R&D, however due to uncertainties regarding potential related problems and program priorities we cannot guarantee a fix date at this time. Closing Case. The current defect is listed to be released with SR1 due out on 12/15/2010"

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Tim,

I take it this is V10?

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes. Version 10 of QVS.

Not applicable
Author

We just encountered the same issue on QVS x86 10.0.8715.5 Windows Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (32-bit) and IE

Firefox was the solution.