Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbethalam
Contributor
Contributor

How can we restrict a measures for specific metric.

Hi All,

Since I am new to this and I would like your suggestions.

We have implemented a security in qlikview and working fine, but we wanted to enhance the security and would like to restrict few measures for specific metrics.

Let's assume that, we have two metrics, Sales and Revenue. For Sales, I would like to show all measures and for Revenue, I would like to show only one measure like (Revenue Percentage).

Since we are maintaining all measures in excel sheet and I would like to restrict either in excel sheet or sheet level.

Please let me know if I am not clear.

Thanks

Srinath

4 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

To be able to advise better I would need to understand how your currently applying the Section Access or security. It will be possible to achieve either with conditional show and hide on columns or have two table which are conditional. But need more info

Mark

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

With Section Access you can use the OMIT field to name fields in the data model that specific users or groups should be prevented from seeing.

sbethalam
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for your reply, I can defiantly share the information personally. Please let me know your email so that I will communicate.

Thanks in advance.

Srinath

sbethalam
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply, I will try on this.

Regards

Srinath