Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohan2391
Creator II
Creator II

Error while preparing QVDs in QLIK SENSE

hi

i took 2 tables from MySQL through ODBC. I kept names for them as Family&Revenue. I wrote STORE commands to prepare QVDs. But i got an error. Here are the screenshots of them.  Please tell me the solution to prepare QVDs.Qvd3.jpgQvd4.jpgQvd1.jpg

Qvd2.jpg

Error.jpg

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You need to create a folder connection first

Re: QVD - QLIK SENSE DATA

mohan2391
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Folder connections mean ?

i made folder structure like this

C:\Users\User\Documents\Qlik\Sense\QVDs\Raw QVDs

so i tried qvd syntaxes in 2 ways

Store Revenue into C:\Users\User\Documents\Qlik\Sense\QVDs\Raw QVDs\Revenue.qvd;

&

Store * from Revenue into 'C:\Users\User\Documents\Qlik\Sense\QVDs\Raw QVDs\Revenue.qvd';

but not yet getting, still facing the error.

and what is lib ??

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Go to data editor -> New connection -> folder

Select the folder and give a name, e.g. MyQVD

Then in your script write

STORE YourTable into [lib://MyQVD/Filename.qvd] (qvd);

raju_insights
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Mohan Krishna,

You can not use absolute or relative path for FROM and STORE statements in Qlik Sense. This is because you are working in Standard Mode. You have to change it to Legacy mode to use FROM and STORE statements like how you use in Qlik View. By Default we always work in Standard mode.

So, you can store only to a folder where you have created a connection. So we have a path with 'LIB'

Example: 'lib://Table Files/target.qvd'

PFA

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi swuehl,

In QlikSense you cannot make use of the above store syntax.

Instead make use of : store <table> into [lib://< Library Name >/< File >.qvd] (qvd);

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I don't understand your comment.

What is exactely wrong with

STORE YourTable into [lib://MyQVD/Filename.qvd] (qvd);

then?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Apologies swuehl,

Mentioned the wrong name -> *Mohan krishna ,I was referring to the syntax mentioned in the Problem description : store * from table into .../filepath/file.qvd;

This is the right syntax as you have mentioned: STORE YourTable into [lib://MyQVD/Filename.qvd] (qvd); or store <table> into [lib://< Library Name >/< File >.qvd] (qvd);

mohan2391
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you All...

Mohan