Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Automate QVF import to QMC

is there any way to re-import QVFs to QMC? It makes sense totally to do the first import manually but then if developers change QVFs, admins need to do imports again manually.

In QlikView, Publisher could just use whatever current QVW version in source documents folder and reload/republish to AccessPoint without any manual intervention when developers change the apps.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Boris,

- Developer creates app on server.

- Admin publishes it to a stream. So the newly created app disappears from "My Work" folder of the developer.

- Developer duplicates the app from the stream (right click--> duplicate) and makes some changes in it.

- Admin publishes it again (replacing it with the existing one).

- Now the app stays in My Work folder of the developer always.

This is the general dev cycle of Qlik Sense. It is normal there is a developer and QMC admin because it is intended to be a governed environment. But if you want, you can assign admin role to the developers as well. So the developers can publish their own apps. I believe this cycle is much easier than yours.

BR

Serhan

View solution in original post

7 Replies
arasantorule
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Boris,

I believe, there is no way to automate the QVF import in Qliksense.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Boris,

What's the scenario? Because if you have Qlik Sense Server, your developers are intended to develop on the server not on Qlik Sense Desktop.

BR

Serhan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Serhan,

there you go:

1) developer creates brand new app QVF

2) Admin imports it / publishes to Hub

3) Developer makes changes to his app - as i understand they cannot make changes to published apps. They have to use desktop client to make changes to published apps.

4) Developer need to upload changed app to Hub.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Boris,

- Developer creates app on server.

- Admin publishes it to a stream. So the newly created app disappears from "My Work" folder of the developer.

- Developer duplicates the app from the stream (right click--> duplicate) and makes some changes in it.

- Admin publishes it again (replacing it with the existing one).

- Now the app stays in My Work folder of the developer always.

This is the general dev cycle of Qlik Sense. It is normal there is a developer and QMC admin because it is intended to be a governed environment. But if you want, you can assign admin role to the developers as well. So the developers can publish their own apps. I believe this cycle is much easier than yours.

BR

Serhan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Serhan, this sounds like a decent workflow, thanks! Yes our environment is governed - we only want to enable approved apps through hub which went through approval process. Same applies whenever developers make changes to already published apps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i think so too, so ultimately it will be more work for admins unless you stick to workflow described by Serhan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Serhan, I posted a follow up question here if you want to take a look and comment:

more than one developer working on Qlik Sense App