Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting: Send a customized e-mail with dynamic recipient filters

Hi everyone,

I need push a specific report to products owners. each owner must receive a customized email with his own product.

While browsing knowledge base and forum entries about this subject, I have configured NPrinting :

• Loading a Recipient group based on a QlikView entry (Recipient load task into a recipient group)
  • Each recipient is loaded with it's associated filter
  • Create a simple CSV report (no cycle)
  • a task to publish the report having :
    • my group as recipient
    • customized message content
    • 1 filter per recipient (hard coded)

As recipient may change often, I would like to generate a dynamic filter to get every entries loaded previously in the recipient group.

Is there any ways achieving this ?

Thanks in advance for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

if everything is coming from the same qvw, please modify your recipient import to not include connection information

View solution in original post

13 Replies
mohsinqlik
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Correct me if i am wrong ... From what i have understood is that you want to keep old recipient's filter intact with recipient in the filter. If you want to keep old filter avoid using Clear Ref List while loading recipients in NPrinting.

Not applicable
Author

I am not sure I understand the statement 'As recipient may change often, I would like to generate a dynamic filter to get every entries loaded previously in the recipient group'

Your steps outlined above seem correct - if you have a qlikview app build a table with the recipient inforamtion, you can ahve the code handle and determine/define the filter, so you are not 'hardcoding' it.

If your recipient for a task is a group, as the group is dynamcially changed through the recipient import, the recipients be default will change, based on who is added/deleted/modified in the group

Not applicable
Author

My need is pretty simple : send an email with customized data to a group of users. My issue today is that everyone gets an email with all data.

I think I managed to load recipients dynamically but I cannot get filter to restrict data inside reports to each recipient in group. I think a miss a filter at task level to say : for each owner in the group, filter reports by owner.

a matter of "clear all/verify data" in filters, filter orders ?

Please find some more details of my project:

Recipient import : "Product owners"

• From QV entity
  • One field is Group 1
  • One field is Filter 1

Recipient import task

• Based on the previous import

Excel report : "Details per product owner"

• only a time (today()) filter

Report export task : "Push detailled view to products owner"

• Report : "Details per product owner"
  • Filter : None
  • Email recipient : "Product owners"

Thanks Mohsin & Adam for your answers

Not applicable
Author

Gilles

There is not an the functionality at the task level as you have inquired.  You should use a filter that has the owner as the filter - what field is being used for filter1?

see example below - it has the qlikView application dynmically building the recipient list and assigning a filter to each recipient so they only see data related to them - same functionality (if I understand correctly) that you are looking for

Receipent:
Load AcctName, 
Email  as EmailAddress,
'AcctID={' & SupID& '}<verify>' as Filter,
'Accounts'
as GroupName,
AcctName as SubFolder,
'TRUE'
as Active

each recipient will have their name, email, ID (which is their filter), assigned recipient group, etc.

The table box that this data resides is what is used for the recipient load in Nprinting

Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I tryied your solution (that's what I did before) but i still receive in the end the complete file not filtered :

My export task :

•      doesn't have filter entries
  •      have 1 user group containing several recipients having their own filter associated

What I'm missing ?

Not applicable
Author

my guess is the filters are not correct or valid.  If you have filters assigned to a recipient and they get everything, it is failing the filter and acting as if there is not a filter at all.

Any chance you can post the application and nsq

what syntax are you using for the filter? make sure you use the verify option

Advanced Filters Syntax on Recipients Import

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I have a clue : the filter on the recipient is linked to an other connexion.

I tried to link it to the correct one with loading : 'Connexion-Backlog.Group_Owner={' &[Manager Name (New)]& '}<verify>' as Group_Filter but it remains on the wrong connexion.

Not applicable
Author

is the connection part of what your are imprting with your recipient import?

If your filters and reports are coming from the same qvw, you do not need to import any connection inforamtion