Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III

Grey Lined Parts on Stacked Bar Chart

Hi peoples!

My BarChart is doing strange things. I got some grey lined Parts and i don't know how to remove them.

I got 2 Dims (1 is Articles and 1 is Timestamp) and one Measure Sum(Count).

There are no Selections nor any options i changed. I just created the chart with these 3 Fields and set it as a Stacked Chart.

I attached an image for an example of my problem and marked some of these grey parts in red (nearly) circles.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards

Chris

EDIT: I can't select these grey parts either, forgot to tell you this

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi,

This is a limitation we put in to avoid having a chart spend too much time fetching data.

The current limit is for a stacked bar chart is at 10,000 elements visible on screen, then we will render the amount of data we haven't fetched as one "bucket". If you add in a dimension limit or reduce the amount of segments they will dissaperar.

Kind regards,

Patrik.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you upload a small QVW that demonstrates this?

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I added them in my First post.

Find attached file there

Regards

Chris

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Could this be the Sense equivalent of the QV "Set Reference" option (on the right click context menu). This creates a shadowed/grayed out version of the data using one set of selections and allows you to make another selection to compare to the reference version?

t1.png

In QV, you remove the reference line with "Clear Reference".

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Due to not having this option in QS i don't think so, but even this would be an option in there, why does it happen automatically only on this chart? i made several other ones similar to this and it did not happen there.

Had the same problem two to three weeks ago, but i thought it was due to the set expression, but i wasn't sure.

Regards

Chris

swuehl
MVP
MVP

It has something to do with the option 'show NULL values' in chart properties - add ons - data processing.

Still need to check what...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi

it seems that the probleme occured with one of those two line :

see below selecting all values except those two lines your bar chart looks OK

by selecting ones of this 2 values , it gives this :

hope it helps

Bruno

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes i noticed that too, but most of the time the chart will be unselected so these grey lined parts are very unneat (i hope this word exists in english )

brunobertels
Master
Master

well , not sure "unneat" is an english word

it seems that those 2 values are drilled down with the rest of the list.

selecting only one gives this :

Have a look in your data model maybe ?

Sorry not able to help you more than this : too rookie in QlikSense

bruno