Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with possibly looping within an expression

COUNT(DISTINCT( If (IsNull(CLOSURE_CODE_ID)=0 AND OWNINGLOCATION='1ST' AND SUM(IF(LOCATION='1ST', 0, ENQUIRY))=0, ENQUIRY)))

In the above expression I need to count all records that have a value for OwningLocation as "1ST" and also that every record in a related table for the same Enquiry has a value for Location as "1ST" also.

The second table can concievably have any number of records relating to the one Enquiry. So i figured doing a sum of all those records that dont equal "1ST" would be one way to loop round them all.

For Example The tables (simplified) could look like this:

Table A

ENQUIRYOWNINGLOCATION
1ST
1ST
SER
2ND
1ST

Table B

ENQUIRYLOCATIONSequence No
1ST
1ST
1ST
1ST
1ST
2ND
SER
1ST
2ND
2ND
1ST
1ST

So From Table A all i want to count is 121 and 125 as these are the only two enquiries that have "1ST" as the location in every record on the tables. All the other enquiries have moved to a different location at some point.

I am stumped.
And I am sure everyone reading this is also. Clear as mud ?!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You could possibly do this with set analysis in the following way:

count({$<OWNINGLOCATION={'1ST'},ENQUIRY=E({1<LOCATION-={'1ST'}>})>} distinct ENQUIRY)

which will exclude any enquiry that has a value in location different than '1ST'.

Regards.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You could possibly do this with set analysis in the following way:

count({$<OWNINGLOCATION={'1ST'},ENQUIRY=E({1<LOCATION-={'1ST'}>})>} distinct ENQUIRY)

which will exclude any enquiry that has a value in location different than '1ST'.

Regards.

syed_muzammil
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

May be this would work

=

count({$<OWNINGLOCATION={'1ST'},ENQUIRY={"=count({$<LOCATION={'1ST'}>} ENQUIRY)=Count(ENQUIRY)"}>} distinct ENQUIRY)

But Karl's Solution is better. 😄

Regards,

Syed.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks guys.

Karl, yours worked perfectly.
I just need to figure out now what it does!