Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rubenmarin

QDF: LoadContainerGlobalVariables with ConnString as single folder

Hi, so at last I'm starting to apply QDF to my deployments and I was doing some test and the exercises with the recently released 1.5 version.

The exercise 3 of the Variable Editor exercises doen't gives me the expected result, only the QVD variable was created but no the ConnString variable.

Looking in the code of 4.GenericContainerLoader.qvs I see there is a vL.QDF.FindFolders function with this line at the beggining:

"if not '$(vL.QDF.Subfolder)'=Peek(FieldName(3,'vL.ContainerStructure'),$(vL.QDF.VariableLoop)-1, vL.ContainerStructure) then"

That '3' is correct? I changed it to '1' and the variable was retrieved, someone can confirm is this really needs to look in the 'Subfolder' field?

Another thing, in the Init.qvs file, the 'vL.ContainerStructure' table, the 'BaseVariable' row, has a dot before the Subfolder name, is this a typo?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Again Ruben, thank you for bringing this to our attention. It was a bug introduced in 1.5.1, the QDF package is corrected and updated. Please download it and try again.

Best regards

Magnus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Ruben, It should be possible to "mount" multiple folders in a single line by adding ; as shown in the exercise. 
like call LCGV('SAP','QVD;ConnString') this should produce two path variables into the SAP container (vG.SAPQVDPath, vG:SAPConnStringPath) I will test and validate, as this might be a bug and get back to you.

Best regards

Magnus

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Again Ruben, thank you for bringing this to our attention. It was a bug introduced in 1.5.1, the QDF package is corrected and updated. Please download it and try again.

Best regards

Magnus

rubenmarin
Author

Thanks Magnus, I updated the tool and now is working as expected.