Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Struggling with what i think may be an easy expression

Hi

I’m struggling with an expression. I am trying to count the number of people that fit a specified criteria for a high level figure to be obtained in an object box.

This is what I have been doing in the text box but it doesn't work:

=if(today()-max(DateOfIssue)<=30,count({$<Skill={'Pro'},Role={'to apply'}>} Name)

In a chart, I added Name to the dimension, and the following expression to obtain the number of days from dateofissue to today:

=if(DateOfIssue-Today()<='0', '0', Today()-Max(DateOfIssue)

When I produce a chart, I am able to get the results that I want but using the expression isn't working, when I need an exact count in the text box. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try one of these:

=Count({$<Skill={'Pro'},Role={'to apply'}>} If(Today() - Max(DateOfIssue) <= 30, Name))

or

=Count(Aggr(if(today()-max(DateOfIssue)<=30,count({$<Skill={'Pro'},Role={'to apply'}>} Name), YourChart'sDimensionsHere))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

I tried to use your formula.  It does give an outcome but fails to count on the 30 days condition.  I tried this:

=count({$<Skill={'Pro'}, Role={'to apply'}, vNoOfDays>=30>}, Name)

vNoOfDays is a variable set to Today() -Max(DateOfIssue).

I'm getting an error on the formula.

To give some context, I'm trying to count on all the conditions with in the set analysis. So we have 140 people at 'Pro' Skill level and 40 of these are outside 30 days from issue. but I still get the 140 figure when I use your formulas.

Please help!

Thanks.

sunny_talwar

We are not allowed to have calculations or use functions on the left hand side of the set analysis expression. Either create this -> Today() -Max(DateOfIssue) in script or use if statement.