Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting - Text Object in Excel Report

When placing a TX Object from a dashboard into an Excel Report it appears as this:

Capture.PNG

Instead of the exact copy of the text object ... is pasting a text object in an excel report possible?

Thanks in advance!

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am not quite sure I understand your question or issue

It sounds like you are bringing a TX object into NPrinting as an image but you do not like the way the iamge shows in the report?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

The initial questions is: are you able to paste TX objects into excel reports in NPrinting?

When I tried to do this, the text object appears as above which doesn't reflect what the TX object originally contained.

Originally the TX contained text and calculations and I inputted it like this:

Capture.PNG

Does that explain my issue better?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

yes it does - how did you bring the object over in NPrinting - as an image?

If so, what paging, filters, etc are you using?  Do you have clear selections set with your connection?

At the time the applciation runs and there are no filters, level, paging, etc that would duplicate the selection process in the applciation, to Nprinting, there is nothing selected

Does that make sense?

Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure I completely understand.

Capture.PNG

I added the TX as an image , I'm not using any filters, not sure what paging is and the selections are cleared on the connection.

Not applicable
Author

any chance you can post the nsq and qvw file

Not applicable
Author

Not sure that'll be possible

The TX object content looks a bit like this (if that helps):

='TEXT TEXT TEXT

MTD : ' &

Num((count({<Set Analysis>} DISTINCT id)/

count({<lSet Analysis>} DISTINCT id)),'#,##%')

Not applicable
Author

since you cleared selects on your connection, the applciation does not see any selections being made when the report is run - what selections are you expecting to be selected when the report is run?

Not applicable
Author

No selections need to be made  selections shouldn't effect the content of the calculation

Not applicable
Author

I am somehwat confused - the sample you have above in the inital post has

Selection Status:

No Selections

This text object appears to be different?

Are you trying to display the value in the text box which from the above example appears at percent?

can you attach a screen print of the actual text box in qlikview and what it looks like when you run the repor

If your issue is how it looks in the tempalte, that is OK (as <TX624> - that is currect - do a preview and see what shows up