Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Specifying host name during silent installation

I'm installing Qlik Sense Server 2.1.1 using the silent install. If I use the command line:

Qlik_Sense_setup.exe -s -rnt Complete -dbp "password" -h "server.domain.com"

then the install exits quickly, and the install log contains the following error:

[0FDC:063C][2015-11-25T11:36:49]i000: Validation of command -rimnodetype failed. Command System.String[] is only supported if running modify/install

[0FDC:063C][2015-11-25T11:36:50]i000: Stack trace:    at Qlik.Burn.Common.CommandValidators.OnlyValidIfModifyOrInstallValidator.Validate(ICommandEntity commandEntity, Object[] objects)

at Qlik.Burn.App.Common.BootstrapperApp.ValidateCommands(IEnumerable`1 parsedCommands, IEnumerable`1 allCommands)

at Qlik.Burn.App.Common.BootstrapperApp.ParseCommandLine()

at Qlik.Burn.App.Common.BootstrapperApp.Run()

[0FDC:063C][2015-11-25T11:36:50]i000: Command System.String[] is only supported if running modify/install

[0FDC:0AB4][2015-11-25T11:36:50]i500: Shutting down, exit code: 0xffffffff

The full install log is attached.

Clearly I am doing an install here, as I am not specifying any other command (-modify, -repair, -uninstall, etc.), so the error message is nothing if not confusing. If I remove the "-h" option, then the install continues successfully, however, Qlik is left to select the host name itself. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but in our network setup, it is not uncommon to have multiple host names allocated to the same machine, often one of them only working within the domain on which the machine physically resides.

The documentation states that the "-h" option is the host name of the central node, so maybe this option is only valid when installing a rim node? If so, Is there a way to specify the host name when doing a silent install of the central node? Or am I totally missing something obvious here?

1 Reply
ahmedadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is there any resolution for this error as yet. I am also getting the same error.