Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reducing the load time of a big table

Hi all,

I have a Straight Table containing 600.000+ lines. The effect is loading this takes a while, and the application is unresponsive in the meantime.

Is there some way to partially load this and tell Qlikview to load the entire table upon explicit request only.

For example, load the first 100 lines, then use a button to start loading the remaining 600k+. I am explicitly looking for a solution to this problem in the front end (is possible), not in the load script.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

Thanks a bunch for your help and suggestions.

Eventually how I solved this case is by adding duplicate expressions, making both conditional. The first expression contains a set analysis for a certain period only. With a button users can switch to the other expressions which loads and shows data for all periods.

Henk-Jan

View solution in original post

28 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I don't think there is a feature like this in QV.

Maybe you can use the show / hide condition and create two charts, first chart visible from the beginning, only showing limited data, second showing all data, but hidden first and then showed after clicking a button.

Colin-Albert

This needs to be done in the load script, its not an option in the front-end.

The best approach is to use an incremental load to just load the transactions that have changed since the last load, and load the unchanged data from QVD files.

Also do you need to load all the columns? Reducing the width of the data being loaded can improve reload performance.

If loading from SQL it is better to just select the columns you require in the SQL script,rather than using "select *" to get all columns and then excluding columns on the QlikView side of the script.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You may also want to look into 'direct discovery':

Direct Discovery in Qlikview

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Not sure about the performance. may be if (RowNo(TOTAL)<=100, YourExpression) ?

Create a Button & Variable. -> Assign the value in Button Action.

in Expression if($(v1)=0, if (RowNo(TOTAL)<=100, YourExpression),1)

arthur_dom
Creator III
Creator III

Henk,  why not limit the dimension, without others, with a variable?

Like the attached?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Have a look at his blog post:

YA(H)Q Blog: Paged charts in Qlikview

MarcoWedel

Hi,

one solution could be:

QlikCommunity_Thread_192984_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_192984_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_192984_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_192984_Pic4.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_192984_Pic5.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

This one I considered already. Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your suggestion. The columns and amount of rows are a given, no flexibility there at the moment. Incremental load wouldn't help, because it takes so long to render the entire table (because of so many rows), not to load the data.