Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Clear all fields except two fields

Hi All,

Is there a way we can restrict the clear all buttons to exclude clear two fields.

I.e. If I have fileds A to Z. I want to claer all the filters from A to Z except D and F.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
effinty2112
Master
Master

Make a button with three actions

Lock Field D

Lock Field F

Clear all

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could lock fields D and F before doing the clear.

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Bill,

I am trying to build the dynamic report. My issue is if user makes particular selections from field called dimension and if in case selects clear button. Then he needs to select all the filed values again. Which is not appropriate. Is there a way to unclear the field?

Thanks in advance!

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

How can I lock?

Can you brief me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

On a field that is selected, i.e. green, right click it and click the Lock option.  It will turn blue to show it is locked.

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Bill,

I am trying to build the dynamic report. My issue is if user makes particular selections from field called dimension and if in case selects clear button. Then he needs to select all the filed values again. Which is not appropriate. Is there a way to unclear the field?

Thanks in advance!

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Varun,

You could create a button with 24 Clear Field actions, one for each of your fields.

Cheers

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Andrew,

Is there a way to exclude those two?

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure how you are creating your dynamic report, but have a look at this blog postCustomizable Straight Table and you won't hit the problem I think you are describing.

effinty2112
Master
Master

Make a button with three actions

Lock Field D

Lock Field F

Clear all