Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oehmemat
Contributor III
Contributor III

NPrinting - Filter for non existent values

Hello,

in Qlikview I would select all values from a field in Table B and reverse the selection by selecting the non-selected values on a field of Table A (kinda quick and dirty, I know)

The two tables are connected by one key. Is it possible to filter for non existent or empty values in NPrinting or do I have to join the two tables, reload and fill the empty field with a certain value?

Regards

Matthias

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

one option you can try and qlikview and it works on nprinting filters is select excluded - what that will do is select everything that is not currently selected, which I think is what you are doing and is a little cleaner.  When you build nprinting filters, there is a select excluded property

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

one option you can try and qlikview and it works on nprinting filters is select excluded - what that will do is select everything that is not currently selected, which I think is what you are doing and is a little cleaner.  When you build nprinting filters, there is a select excluded property

oehmemat
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am using the 'exclude values' entry, I was lost in translation.

But when I rebuild the filter in Qlikview in NPrinting the filter isn't dynamic anymore, because there are specific values in the exclude filters.

And when I select alle the values in field2 in the NPrintinf filter and exclude them the Report gives out alle values.

Is there a way to use a function or similar? eg: "select table1.field1 where not exists(table2.field2) "

oehmemat
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

In the filter I added all values from table2.field2 and added the field table1.field1 as second without specifing a value and ticked the 'Select excluded' box. That did the trick

Not applicable

‌excellent

glad to hear you have it working