Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reducing the load time of a big table

Hi all,

I have a Straight Table containing 600.000+ lines. The effect is loading this takes a while, and the application is unresponsive in the meantime.

Is there some way to partially load this and tell Qlikview to load the entire table upon explicit request only.

For example, load the first 100 lines, then use a button to start loading the remaining 600k+. I am explicitly looking for a solution to this problem in the front end (is possible), not in the load script.

Thanks!

28 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Interesting suggestion. Due to the environment I am working in this is not possible for this Qlikview report though. Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

This one looks good. Similar to what Marco is suggesting below, going to figure out if this works for my table as well. Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot! Similar suggestion posted by settu, am figuring out what works best.

Colin-Albert

Can you add a "conditional show" expression so users must filter the data to select fewer than N rows before the chart is displayed.

Can you use drill-down groups so the chart is summarised and users can drill down to more detail?

Not applicable
Author

It does not work, because not all values in each dimension are unique. In fact, there are thousands of the same for each dimension...

Not applicable
Author

Wouldn't work because the dimensions have repeating values...

Not applicable
Author

Good suggestions. Drill-down groups wouldn't work (the export of the entire table is important). Conditional show works obviously, but the data is exported so that would take multiple exports.

Colin-Albert

Can you split the app into two.

One app is the data loader that incrementally loads the data in the background, does all the lookups and any manipulation of the data and stores the prepared data to QVDs. This app has no charts and just generates the QVDs. This data loader would be scheduled to run at regular intervals on the server.

The users load the prepared data from the QVDs in their app which has the charts and this load will be very fast, as it does not access the raw data, only QVDs.

Where are the 600,000 rows being loaded from?

Is the data local to the users or remote?

600,000 rows is not a lot of data in QlikView terms.

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Well I am not sure you have considered upping the hardware in the server?

Mark

Not applicable
Author

The issue is not on the loadtime on server. The qvd's are already generated. The table I'm generating contains of 600.000 rows, over 5 dimensions and 2 expressions. 'Rendering' the table takes about 2 minutes. Just in the Qlikview client.