Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Basket size

Hi guys,

I'm trying to create a KPI for basket size, but can't find the right formula for it, so now i'm back where I first started =s
Does anyone know the formula for basket size?

Sincerely,

Betty

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Some more details about your data model / data would be more than helpful.

Are you looking for something like

=Avg( Aggr( Count( OrderLines), OrderHeader))

?

Not applicable
Author

Could it be sales/no.of orders? My expression for that is: sum(sales)/count orders? Is that correct?

I'm trying to get the basket size for an e-business. So far I have 3 tables (2 for customer info and 1 for information about things like products) and this is what I've been provided with.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Well, maybe it's time to ask the stake holders?

If you search the allmighty web, you'll find for basket size e.g.

Basket Size
The number of units moving in one single bill e.g. if you have bought 2 shirts and one trouser from ...

Retail Dictionary

Your expression sales / no of orders would be more like the average sales volume?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Betty,

Are you looking to distribute your data into buckets? If so Class() function can come handy.

As swuehl as mentioned, it would be helpful if you could provide more information.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sum(sales)/count orders would give you the average sales by Customer or Product.

Basket Size can be created for Sales or Order, it up to you what exactly is your requirement?

When it comes to Sales you can create a basket how many customer comes under this sales basket like 0-10000, 10000-100000  and so on

Similarly for Order Basket as well.

Is this your requirement??

Not applicable
Author

Hi guys,

I managed to find the right expression for it 😃 Thank you for taking your time to help me.

Sincerely,

Betty