cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vadimtsushko
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Error undefined(OnNoEngineAvailable) in Engine API explorer

I started to get error undefined(OnNoEngineAvailable) in Engine API explorer (with QlikSense server) as on snapshot below.

2015-11-23 15-58-16 Engine API Explorer   Developer Hub - DevHub.ProductQlikSense - Google Chrome.png

Hub and QMC on same sever at same time work normally.

Where can I look for a source of problem? I've looked up logs at c:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Engine\ and did not see any suspicious entry. Should I look for something specific?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vadimtsushko
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Well. That was mistake on my behalf.

I was switching between dev-hub of Sense Desktop and dev-hub of Sense Entertprise.

They have confusingly similiar but substantially different interface. I was aware of different conventions for App parameter (on Desktop that can be application display name, on server that should be opaque applicationi id), but forgot to switch on some iteration. And then second difference in interface added to confusion: on desktop version of dev-hub/engine-api-explorer error in application name reported with descriptive error as in snapshot below:

2015-11-28 15-01-37 Engine API Explorer   Developer Hub - DevHub.ProductQlikSense - Mozilla Firefox.png

On server version of dev-hub/engine-api-explorer same error in application parameter reported with not so clear and

very different in UI sense error message:

2015-11-28 15-04-35 Engine API Explorer   Developer Hub - DevHub.ProductQlikSense - Mozilla Firefox.png

So probably it could confuse inexperienced user as myself.

On the other hand if I would start with server version of explorer that error message probably would be more obvious for me.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

The questions that I have: Is this a single node or multi-node instance? What did you use for the host when installing the Server (e.g. ServerName, ServerName.Domain.com, IP address)?

I ask because I've seen that error in 2.1.1 on multi-node setups where the Engine node is added using ServerName rather than ServerName.Domain.com.

vadimtsushko
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Levi.

It is single node instance. I've used the ServerName when installing the Server.

So maybe that's my problem. Interestingly that worked initially. I've used API Explorer successfully several days but then that error started to pop up on connect to application.

Maybe I should reinstall server with IP address and see if it would help

vadimtsushko
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Well. That was mistake on my behalf.

I was switching between dev-hub of Sense Desktop and dev-hub of Sense Entertprise.

They have confusingly similiar but substantially different interface. I was aware of different conventions for App parameter (on Desktop that can be application display name, on server that should be opaque applicationi id), but forgot to switch on some iteration. And then second difference in interface added to confusion: on desktop version of dev-hub/engine-api-explorer error in application name reported with descriptive error as in snapshot below:

2015-11-28 15-01-37 Engine API Explorer   Developer Hub - DevHub.ProductQlikSense - Mozilla Firefox.png

On server version of dev-hub/engine-api-explorer same error in application parameter reported with not so clear and

very different in UI sense error message:

2015-11-28 15-04-35 Engine API Explorer   Developer Hub - DevHub.ProductQlikSense - Mozilla Firefox.png

So probably it could confuse inexperienced user as myself.

On the other hand if I would start with server version of explorer that error message probably would be more obvious for me.

Not applicable

Hi Levi

I have the same problem with a multi-node setup.

I have a node on the LAN-side with the Central server. No problem between those.

Then I also have a node in the DMZ connected to the Central server. When I try to access the HUB and the node in the DMZ I get that error message:Error undefined(OnNoEngineAvailable)

When I try to access the QMC from the from the DMZ node, then there is no problem.

Best regards

Thomas

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

In my experience you have a couple of avenues here:

1. Add the DMZ node using the IP address rather than the ServerName
  2. If you want to go the ServerName.Domain.com route you may need to add host file entries on the Central and DMZ nodes, i.e. x.x.x.x DMZRimNode.domain.com >> %WINDIR%\System32\Drivers\Etc\Hosts on Central and x.x.x.x.x CentralNode.domain.com >> %WINDIR%\System32\Drivers\Etc\Hosts on the DMZ RIM

I tend to favor (1) myself. I did just receive feedback from R&D that this should not be an issue going forward in 2.2 (Bug QLIK-44748 / RIM node configuration: Hostname vs. FQDN). I'm going to press R&D to merge it into the SR track as well so folks do not have to choose between regular, cumulative patch updates and getting things to work

Not applicable

Hi Levi

I got the problem fixed by adding a virtual proxy and linking it to the DMZ node

Best regards

Thomas