Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

can qlik sense table export data export cell color?

i've got an app with a table where some of the information is conveyed using cell background color.  when using 'export data', the resulting xlsx only has values, no colors.  am i missing something?  works in qlik view, no?

table in qlik view:

ss 2015-11-27 at 3.17.33 PM.jpg

resulting xlsx (no cell color):

ss 2015-11-27 at 3.16.50 PM.jpg

7 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

No this option is not available.

The option says "Export Data!

In QV similar option says "Export to Excel" - and the colors are being copied to Excel

Not applicable
Author

color can = data.  ex, my case.  the 'export data' exports into xlsx, which is excel, and supports color cell formating.  anyone know if this is something that's planned to be added into QS?

Not applicable
Author

You can do it like this way, open it in your browser such as chrome, then open the develop tool, view the html of the table, then copy the HTML of the table, paste it to notepad, change the file format to HTML, open in browser again, copy the data (CTRL A, CTRL C) paste to Excel , this kind of data will be exported with format and color.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Michal,

As of now this property is not available in Qliksense.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Not to excel, but yes to PDF or Image.  I think once NPrinting is integrated with Qlik Sense finer control of the excel export can be achieved. Right now its a data dump whereas NPrinting would produce a report which implicity means data + formatting.

fan325hung
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

Does this option available in new release (i.e. June 2017)?

shloime
Contributor III
Contributor III

You can use the LogiExport extension to achieve this functionality and much more such as adding "selection context" to the file and more.

https://logiexport.logsys.co.il/documentation/

shloime_0-1630075161252.png