Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to transfer Access point object to another Access point ?

Hi Community,

I have one user he has creted some object on Accesspoint .

But we migrated from old server to new server with new qlikview version 11 and windows server 12

My user wants to transfer all objet that he alredy creted on old server Accesspoint to new sever Accesspoint.

So how  i trasfer all object creted by user on Accesspoint.

Thanks in advance,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In accesspoint you could see three different types of file for a single application as below,

1. application_name.qvw

2. application_name.shared

3. application_name.meta

In this, while distributing the application to accesspoint .meta file will be created and the .shared file will have all the book mark and object details created in accesspoint.

So to retain the objects created at accesspoint for that particular application please move the .shared file to new accesspoint from old accesspoint.

This resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In accesspoint you could see three different types of file for a single application as below,

1. application_name.qvw

2. application_name.shared

3. application_name.meta

In this, while distributing the application to accesspoint .meta file will be created and the .shared file will have all the book mark and object details created in accesspoint.

So to retain the objects created at accesspoint for that particular application please move the .shared file to new accesspoint from old accesspoint.

This resolves the issue.

avinashelite

migrate all your .shared file from the old environment to new environment this will resolve the issue

Not applicable
Author

Thank u Balraj, Leni, Avinash.

Yes Leni and Avinash i have transfer .shared file from old server to new server.

Now user can Access all object of old Accesspoint on New Accesspoint.

sohailansari201
Creator
Creator

ishwar10,

Do you remember if you had to stop the QlikView services first before copying the .shared files and restart the server?

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sohail,

Can you explain what actualy you  want? according to that i will help you .

sohailansari201
Creator
Creator

Thanks Ishwar. Actually I have figured it out now. What was happening that we were migrating from one QV server to the new QV server. Both are QV 11 servers. I was trying to copy the server objects, and trying to copy the .Shared files but the server objects were not moving to the new server. That's where I saw your note in this post and was wondering if it is required to stop the QV services first before copying the .Shared files and restart them.

But finally I downloaded the Power Tools and compared the two .Shared files on old and new server and what I discovered was that the USERNAME were different in the two files. For e.g. the old machine has the username as DOMAINX\QVUSER and the new server had DOMAINY\QVUSER. This was the reason that we were not able to move the server objects from one server to another. And there is no way possible to edit a .Shared file.

However, we found a manual method of moving server objects from one server to another. Here are the steps:

• Start QlikView Desktop
  • Open your document published in the AccessPoint on old server using File->Open In Server. (Using QVUSER account)
  • Start another instance of QlikView Desktop and open your document published in the AccessPoint on new server using File->Open In Server (Using QVUSER account)
  • Keeping the two QlikView side-by-side. Copy and paste objects from the old copy to the new the file version.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sohail,

Now i understood your qustion.

when i done migration from old server to new server my all QVW files migrate by client IT team. IT team migrated all files without any changes with .meta files and .shared files.

Shared files contains those object information  and bookmark which is created by user there access point end.

So you once again transfer all .meta files and .shared files of those Application user has created there object on accespoint.

though changed the user name which is not affected to this process.

And i have checked in my project user can see all the object of OLD server accesspoint in NEW server accesspoint.