Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

To change the default login in QLiksense QMC

Hello All,

I have installed qliksense server and it is working fine. My issue is whenever i login it is using the Root admin credentials and logging in automatically. so i am not able to log in through other user ids.

How can i change this?

Regards,

Reena Abraham

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Reena,

Which browser do you use?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Reenaabraham,

You can actually login with using other credentials if you run the browser you are using with "Run as different user".

use SHIFT+Right click and select "Run as different user" and then login using other credentials.

Hope this helps!

- Sangram

Not applicable
Author

this or to make it permanent:

To get a dialogue asking you to log in your credentials each time instead of using your default user name in IE and Chrome you need to do the following:

1) Go to IE gear icon and select Internet options

2) Move to security and select Internet and/or Local intranet zones depending on how you access you QS site (can also be Trusted sites if QS site is in trusted, otherwise skip it)

3) Push custom level button and scroll down to the bottom of the list

4) Under User Authentication Logon list, select Prompt for user name and password

This will trick IE and Chrome (it uses IE set up) to ask for your user name and password each time you want to log in into qlik sense instead of using your defaults.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

for me changing User Authentication in IE (and thus Chrome) did not work, simply because I have no sufficient rights to do that in my company.

But installing Firefox worked like a charm: here I am getting asked for user name and password exactly like I wanted to.