Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overlay text

Hi,

What's the best way to overlap text in QS, Am i right in thinking it's not possible? if so, why not lol

There must be an easier way to do this.

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi lak,

Thanks absolutely possible.

1) Firstly set a background image to the text object and Set the position of it as needed from the Background Image tab in the settings pane.

2) Add a measure / text as desired

3) Select the text or measure and format it by using the formatting options.

you can set colour, font size, alignment and hyperlinks .

Please refer to the image below:

Image.png

- Hope this helps

Sangram

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

which text you want to overlap?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

For example i want a text box with a bg color is that possible? or an image what i'm using and within that coloured text box an expression that will display a count of rows when i make a selection.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, For Qliksense, if it is not defined in QS...Extension is always the answer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm working on the server, do i have to send the files to the administrator to put on QMC each time or can i create something on QS Server

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Lak,

That's absolutely possible. Just set a background image you need in a text object and add the necessary expressions as measures. You can even format the colours for these measures you add.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

if you need to make use of an extension, you need to import the zipped file of the extension from the QMC. This adds the unzipped folder to the QlikSense server repository .

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Sort of. Or they can set you up as a Qlik 'content admistrator' with the ability to view certain sections of the web based management console which would allow you to upload images yourself to the server.

Qlik Sense has a very flexible security model allowing many kinds of administrative access for individuals to manage group or personal content.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The figure needs to be inside the colour box, not on the side, top or bottom, in the middle, is that possibe?

|                |

|   number  |

|                |

-----------------

Like this

Thanks