Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Visual cues in table using set analysis

Hi all,

This feels really simple so I'm not sure at all why it's not working for me!

I have 3 main tables:

error loading image

As you can see, CostCentre is the linking field. I have created a simple straight table chart showing the spend this period against last period for each Company (Tree table):

error loading image

Expression for Spend this period is

=SUM(Amount)

Expression for Spend previous period is

SUM( {$<Period = {$(#vPreviousPeriod)}>} Amount )

The figures in the chart are accurate so the set analysis is working OK. All I want to do is have the value of this period in red if it is higher than last period and green if it's less than or equal to last period. Shouldn't be difficult! I have gone to Visual Cues, selected the correct expression and added the set analysis formula into the Upper and Lower boxes:

error loading image

But all the values are green as you can see in the chart image above!

Please help!!

Jason

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Jason,

I won't use the Visual Cues. What I prefer is to affect the "Text Color" of an expression. You find it when expanding the [+] from your expression --> check text color --> edit expression similar to this:

if( [Spend this period] - [Spend previous period] > 0, lightgreen( ))

HtH

Roland

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Jason,

I won't use the Visual Cues. What I prefer is to affect the "Text Color" of an expression. You find it when expanding the [+] from your expression --> check text color --> edit expression similar to this:

if( [Spend this period] - [Spend previous period] > 0, lightgreen( ))

HtH

Roland

kji
Employee
Employee

Visual cue expressions are evaluated on a global level, not on a row by row basis, to do that you should use the color subexpressions.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Thank you both - worked a treat. I knew I was missing something simple...

Jason