Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Red lines at my data model

Hi guys.

I've made a odbc connection and it worked well but suddenly these red lines showed up in my data model view.

What is this?

I've checked and there's no wrong model or wrong keys in this connection.

Thanks in advance.

data model.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I would recommend to you to start from the beginning and adding the tables one by one. Following the conversation in this thread, you don't really understand the data model in my opinion. This is not your fault, however, in order to display accurate visualizations and aggregations, as well as extending the model with enhanced data, this will only work if you truly understand what's going on and why things are connected the way they are. Hence, you should start from the beginning one by one rebuilding the current model and in my opinion it should not take long. If you don't, you might end up creating a patched elephant which will be uncontrollable and do whatever it wants.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The thread below is for QlikView (and not QlikSense), but the same modeling techniques apply.

Circular References

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Gabrielle,

You data model has yielded Circular references and hence the error. I would suggest you to go through this video Qlik Sense in 60 - Circular Reference - YouTube for deeper insight on what to do.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hi - you cannot have a circular links. Another way, there can be only 1 link path between any 2 tables in a data model.

The reasons can be diverse but review the posted links above for an evaluation of what you can do to resolve.

You may just need to rename one field in the data load editor but it really depends.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Beside that you have Synthetic keys,

Your model is all over the places .

read this (attached)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan Poole.

I tried to rename some fields but my connection to the tables was lost, so i couldn't get real result in my visualizations.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Robert.

Thanks for sharing this document. I read and understood it, but when I rename or reorganize my schema i lost some of keys and all my data is disconnected. Are there any other way to fix this?

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Is this your application or somebody else?

That could be one of the reason that the connection has been lost.

Other could be that you have moved this application from the place where it was originally.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Is this your application or somebody else?

That could be one of the reason that the connection has been lost.

Other could be that you have moved this application from the place where it was originally.