Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amir_taub
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Want to set a Favorites for QVW by end users

Hi all

I want to make a favorites sheet that will be created by the end users  (Ajax & client). (Not a BM)

The user will go to List box and check the ID's he wants:

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Now the user "Add" to his Fav a 2 Dimensions ID & Buyer  (Green)

** Every user have his own Fav.

** The Fav need to be there for the users also when the session is closed after several days/months/years

** They can add to fav Buyer "b" that don't have or use ID "2222" - they are contradict .

** When they check the Dimensions  they are not selected as qv standard, they only add to fav.

** The user need the ability to add ID "3333" to his exist  Fav.

At the end the user will be able to select a specific ID or Buyer or all FAV and it will reduce the QVW like a regular selection.

Result:

Just like Fav in IE when you have a Folders(Dimensions ) and in it you have the urls(Data-2222/b....)

Capture3.PNG

Plz give me ideas

Thanks

Amir Taub

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you looked at using Bookmarks ?

Re: What's a Bookmark?

amir_taub
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

yes indeed 

Not good enough .

if you will see the 4 demands and the final result that should be, you will see why i asked this Q.

Amaze me.

** Every user have his own Fav.

** The Fav need to be there for the users also when the session is closed after several days/months/years

** They can add to fav Buyer "b" that don't have or use ID "2222" - they are contradict .

** When they check the Dimensions  they are not selected as qv standard, they only add to fav.

** The user need the ability to add ID "3333" to his exist  Fav.

At the end the user will be able to select a specific ID or Buyer or all FAV and it will reduce the QVW like a regular selection.

Just like Fav in IE when you have a Folders(Dimensions ) and in it you have the urls(Data-2222/b....)

Capture3.PNG

marcus_sommer

Excactly for this are bookmarks designed and they could easily handle all your demands unless the selection-status which is quite often necessary to check and more a big advantage then a drawback.

Why creating an own logic and usability? The aim from qlikview is to simplify things but: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alberteins103652.html

I'm not sure if it would be possible to gain a stable solution with your approach - maybe with hidden dimensions and a lot of variables (and bookmarks to save those variables) and set analysis and various trigger to execute actions and/or macros - but I'm sure that the usability would be worser then with bookmarks.

- Marcus

amir_taub
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks but ...

Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.

Steve Jobs

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/search_results.html#d3WYz3fS7T19FpG3.99

p.s.

This is the simple way for end users to manage their Favourite

It is not simple for the developer.

this is way i need help.

Thanks again

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if to reinvent the wheel is really an innovation and the users will suffer if the application development becomes complex like in the old classical BI environments.

- Marcus