Try one of these methods and reinstall
You have to rename (or remove) the Folder "Qlik" in your local user Documents Folder:
1. Open regedit
2. Seach for HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
3. Change the path in "Personal" entry to a local path, but remember the old path!
4. Now you can install qliksense without an error.
5. Change the path in "Personal" to your old.
Method-2 works fine to install, however when you change the "Personal" entry in Regedit back to the network share, Qlik Sense desktop behaves as follows:
1. Qlik Sense takes an inordinate amount of time to start up - on the order of minutes, not seconds.
2. When you click "Create new app" in the Qlik Sense Desktop hub, after you enter the name of the new app and click "Create", nothing happens, Qlik Sense simply hangs.
The only way I have found around this is to leave the hive key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Personal set to a local path, which is NOT acceptable to my employer.
I hope there is a work-around for this.
Please share more info as asked by Paul.
Also see these: