Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help..Qlikview not storing values in qvd...

Hi,

We have several workbooks that are being read by qlikview and stored into qvd, everything was well until this month when it read all the workbooks but did not capture some sheet's values. Nothing was changed in those workbooks and on the script.

Hope someone can help.

I'm using QV 9.00 SR3

Regards,

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If nothing has been changed in the data source and in the script, the only what has chnaged is time. I recommend to see if there are any time-related conditions in the script.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the response, though i dont think it could be the time because some of the sheets in the workbooks are being read and stored and some are not. The time would be the solution if none was being stored but qlikview stores random sheets only and not all.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hmm, difficult to say, but bet something has changed Surprise

Perhaps you could post your QVW and one of the workbooks, where only some of the sheets are read?

However, you should check whether some of the sheets have been protected in Excel, as this might why QV can't gain access.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Wilnard,
The fact that some sheets are loaded while othes are not doesn't tell anything - conditions may exists in some load statements and not in others.
Most likely Jens is right and something else has been changed.

Not applicable
Author

My script practically reads like 6 workbooks with atleast 5 sheets in them then stores one sheet's values to a qvd. each sheet having their own qvd. Thats the script and all workbooks and sheets are in a standard form. The workbooks and or sheets are not locked as i checked evrything, can this be a bug?

I observed the reload and saw that qlikview reads every workbook and every sheet but on some parts it just skips on storing some in the qvd.

suniljain
Master
Master

what content log file show ?.

Not applicable
Author

Perhaps some of the sheets are automatic concatenated, reducing the total number of tables to be stored.

Not applicable
Author

While reloading it shows that qlikview indeeds reads them then when it comes to the storing part it skips some.

can it automatically be concatenated without indicating that procedure in the scripts?

Regards,

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you post your log?