Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help..Qlikview not storing values in qvd...

Hi,

We have several workbooks that are being read by qlikview and stored into qvd, everything was well until this month when it read all the workbooks but did not capture some sheet's values. Nothing was changed in those workbooks and on the script.

Hope someone can help.

I'm using QV 9.00 SR3

Regards,

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

By default QlikView will auto-concatenate tables that have same number of fields. To force it no to auto-concatenate, use "Noconcatenate" before the Load statement.

Noconcatenate

LOAD

A,

Not applicable
Author

Previous working state:

• old working QV file
  • old working Excel
  • old version of Office
  • old regional settings

Did you (or persons editing the Excel) upgraded their Excel, or changed the regional settings?

Can you recover backups of old and working QVW + Excel, and see what was changed since?

-Alex

suniljain
Master
Master

if your QVD using in one application and at the same time if you read that QVD in another application.

you cannot read or save that QVD at same time.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

First of all thank you all for helping.

I do use noconcatenate for qlikview not to combine the sheets that it read in different workbooks and I also know that two systems cannot read and write 1 QVD at the same time.

One thing i dont know if other users that edits the excel have upgraded or changed their regional settings. Kindly advice how does this affects the problem?

If a person who has a different regional setting saves the workbook then would that workbook wont be stored? why? and if so, why does qlikview just randomly picks a sheet to store?

Regards,