Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Am I able to modify QVW documents from another users?

I have a question about ProductLevel tag, the question is, with ProductLevel;10; Am I able to modify QVW documents from another users? I'm asking this because I was able to modify QVW documents on the computer where is installed Qlikview Server and also Qlikview Desktop, and now QV Desktop is throwing me an error about "recovering attempts" but I never was notified about wasting my recovering attempts.

Many thanks in advance.

Alejandro Agüero

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Sounds like you are running QV Desktop in Personnel Edition. Do you have access a server that has available Named Users cals?

If so, then you need to lease a licence from the server. See the attached document for how to do this.

HTH

Andy

View solution in original post

3 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

You can only edit documents from other users if

A) you have the QVW

B) you have a licensed local client

May you live in interesting times!
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Sounds like you are running QV Desktop in Personnel Edition. Do you have access a server that has available Named Users cals?

If so, then you need to lease a licence from the server. See the attached document for how to do this.

HTH

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

That's right, I'm currently running QV Desktop in Personnel Edition. I've checked attached document already, so now Works fine.

Also I've seen this How to lease the license from the server?, it's the quick configuration for this issue.

Thanks for the response.

Alejandro Agüero