Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nprint - Export a report by clicking a button in QV

Hello,

Does anyone know how can export a report (with Nprinting features) simply by clicking in a button in my local Qlikview?

I have been looking for tutorials but I still can find anything complete (and I already know some companies that did not bought the Nprinting license because of lack of information and tutorial).

Is there even a complete tutorial?

Regards,

Iuri Raposo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Your question is not specific enough.   Do you already own Nprinting?  In order to do "On Demand" reporting from a Qlikview App, you would need to have the Nprinting Server version.

There is an abundance of Nprinting training and tutorial information available on this site. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Your question is not specific enough.   Do you already own Nprinting?  In order to do "On Demand" reporting from a Qlikview App, you would need to have the Nprinting Server version.

There is an abundance of Nprinting training and tutorial information available on this site. 

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hello luri,

You have good amount of information at this place.

Resource Library

Just go through relevant tutorials for your requirements.

To give you a gist here: You need a valid Nprint server license installed and On -demand component installed seperately which come with the server. Using the On-demand extension buttons you can put the report buttons in your qlikview file and print them. Please go through that library and let us know if any further issues.

Thanks,

V.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply. I dont own Npriting, I am using the trial version. After learn how to use it properly I will report my findings to my boss and then we will make a decision. Thats why it is important for me to find a complete information.

Stephen_Jasionowski

Luri -

Everything you need to get started, including material around On-Demand reports is here: NPrinting Training Material

There is also a training repository within that link and I suggest you download it.

Please consult the Resource Library for additional tutorials.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for reply Vishsaggi,

I am currently using the trial version, I will check the link you sent me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay,  If you have a trial version of both the client and the server, you can load both of them on your local workstation along with your QV app.  As vishaggi pointed out, you can go to the Resource Library and find plenty of training materials on how to configure.   We started out the same way and pretty much were able to self educate our way to making it work. 

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephen,

It seams that the "On demand" report is not available for the trial version. Is that true?

Thanks.

Stephen_Jasionowski

There are no limitations in functionality for the trial version. You just need to make sure you get a trial license for both Designer and Server.