Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
obriened83
Creator
Creator

VM Specifications For QlikView AccessPoint and Management Console

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you could help me with determining how much CPUs and RAM would I need for the following:

• Virtual Server that contains the Access Point.
            • Virtual Server that contains the Management Service.            
            • Virtual Server that contains the QlikSense Repository Service and Scheduler.             

We are currently scoping a QlikView/QlikSense Cluster Environment and we want to be sure we are getting the most efficient VM specifications for running these QlikView/QlikSense services. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Eamonn

3 Replies
magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How long is a string?

Of course, you need to be a lot more specific than that.

Tony_Strano
Employee
Employee

Typically for a VM for QlkView AccessPoint running IIS,  4 cores,  8gb RAM.   And that would be for either Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 2012 R2. 

The Management Tier usually has the Distribution Service also running on it and that would highly depend on the amount of data you plan on processing.   In addition, QlikView and QlikSense operate best with an E5-2600 series Chipset, 2 socket CPU so you VM emulation should reflect that and scale your memory up based on volume of data.

Your question about the QlikSense repository and Scheduler also depends if you have the engine running there also,  again E5-2600 series chipset as I've mentioned above will work and memory is variable based on data requrirements or if just central node without engine,  maybe 8 cores and 16gb RAM.   

Hope this helps.  

obriened83
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for the responses and answers, We will have physical servers (512 GBS and 40 Physical cores) dedicated to hosting the QlikView/QlikSense Server and Reload Distribution services but other services such as the Access Point/Proxy and the Management Console/Repository will be on virtual machines. I just want to be careful that we don't underestimate the required specifications for them. It looks like Virtual Machines with 4 cores with 8 GBs of RAM will be ideal.

Cheers

Eamonn