cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhborchardt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Management console no longer works

when I click on the management console shortcut IE says "cannot display the web page". I have used this server for years and it has worked fine. Access Point works so that seems strange.

Windows server 2008 R2 Standard 64 bit

Its been a while since I installed it and I thought I was using IIS but IIS is not installed and QlikView webserver is running.

16 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Ok, You can do a reinstall or upgrade to a newer SR, always take a backup copy of Qliktech folder C:\ProgramData\Qliktech before you do a reinstall/upgrade.

dhborchardt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

where are all the settings and license information stored?

Thanks guys. I think i will try reinstalling.

dhborchardt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I was at QVServer 11 SR1. Updated to 11.20 sr10. Same problem.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Dale,

I'd create a new local account for running the services, local admin and qlikview administrators groups, I've seen issues like this when the user profile has got corrupted. Well worth a try as it's low risk and only takes 5 minutes to do.

HTH

Andy

dhborchardt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

It worked for two years. Ran out of space on the volume and I am guessing that is what corrupted it.

I am willing to reinstall but it would be nice if I could save my settings. Is there a set of config files that I save to use after reinstall?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes. If you'll be doing an an in-site reinstall, make a backup of C:\ProgramData\QlikTech, reinstall and restore the backup in the same place.

Best,

Peter

dhborchardt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Reinstalling QlikView Server did not fix it. I built a new server for it and it is fine now.