Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How Publisher overwrite the existing source document

Hello Qlik Folks,

I just wonder how Qlikview Publisher over write the existing source documents.

(2015-12-03 10:48:50) Information: The Source Document was reloaded successfully.

(2015-12-03 10:48:50) Information: Reload finished successfully

(2015-12-03 10:48:50) Information: Start saving document

(2015-12-03 10:48:57) Information: Check in document: \\servername\QVSource\CIM\UserProfile\UserProfile.qvw

(2015-12-03 10:48:57) Information: Closing the document.

(2015-12-03 10:48:57) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=146136

I am just curious how exactly Publisher over write the existing source document and whats going on after start saving document step in the log ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

‌i think the temp copy is used when document compression is enabled. The .tmp copy is where the compressed version is built and then renamed. If you use compression = none, it just overwrites the qvw file directly.

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Looks like you distributed it the Source folder.  Instead you should distribute it to the User folder.

Not applicable
Author

Bill, we are distributing to Used Documents folder & I seen those info on later part of the log file.

Generally, Qlikview distribution service follow below steps to overwrite the existing used document:

1. First creates the temp file

2. Delete the old file

3. rename the temp file to original file.

All these steps are logged into task log.

Information: Performance data (CopyFile): FileSystemAccessRules=4 (0), Creating temporary file: \\servername\QVPublic\publish\UserProfile.tmp (0), Temporary file written successfully. (156), Deleting old destination file. (156), Renaming temporary file to destination file. (171), Write complete. (171)

I just wonder, how source document will overwrite with new file ? is the same process like above or ?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

‌i think the temp copy is used when document compression is enabled. The .tmp copy is where the compressed version is built and then renamed. If you use compression = none, it just overwrites the qvw file directly.

Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply Rob.

We set Compression to High. (User Properties --> Save --> Compression = High)

Why the source document overwrite procedure did not logged into task log like user document overwrite? Is there any setting on QEMC to enable this logging to Task log ?