Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Cannot connect to Qlik Sense server

Error Qlik Sense.PNG.png

there was a error, connection lost.............................

When i look in the Proxy LOG it says:

Error during stream authentication to serverAuthentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.   at System.Net.Security.SslState.EndProcessAuthentication(IAsyncResult result)↵↓   at Qlik.Sense.Common.Communication.Tcp.StreamFactory.<>c__DisplayClassd.<>c__DisplayClassf.<Negotiate>b__b(IAsyncResult result)209f2e9e-d70b-422b-844d-239ae54a0ad9
21 Replies
bradshields
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

HI Anna,

This was a machine that had a different computer name and had a version of Sense (Beta 0.95) installed on it. I removed Sense and renamed the computer to its current name and attempted to installed Sense on the machine.

The installer must look for the certificate and does not take into account the computer name hence the certificates were there but referenced the previous computer name and none were created under the new computer name. I guess the installer should be able to cope with this?

I removed those old certificates using the advice from Pierce, uninstalled and re-installed Sense and the certificates were created. Unfortunately I now get

Capture.PNG.png

I am thinking I will remove the VM completely and start again.

pbr
Employee
Employee

Brad,

If you could provide the logs (Default location - C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log) we can review them here, but if you want you can also open a Support case to look at it as well. You're also more than welcome to try a new VM if you would like.

bradshields
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Pierce,

I used Chrome and I could reach the Management Console and apply the license. The was a waste of nearly two days! Now I am trying to add a directory service. From the QlikView Server elsewhere in our network I can see the path. But on entering this in Sense it fails. The log is attached. Is this likely to be firewall?

Capture.PNG.png

pbr
Employee
Employee

Is the LDAP you're trying to do a LDAPS?

bradshields
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I needed to add a username and password to reach LDAP.

Not applicable

Hi Borja.

I typed the server IP address, but not works. I typed the host name and works!!

Thanks a lot!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

In our experience you need to do two things:

1. Whitelist the IP address in the Virtual Proxy (most people get this right).  As per earlier reply: QMC -> Proxies - Central Proxy / Edit / "Default proxy" and add the IP address of the server to the "Websocket origin whitelist".

AND

2. Allow HTTP / port 80 in the Proxy configuration.  Note, you don't even need to allow port 80 through the firewall.  If you point to address https://nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/hub then there will be no traffic on port 80, it's 100% HTTPS on 443.

Note: this is for Qlik Sense 2.02

Screen shot of our proxy configuration page below - this is Sense version 2.02

2015-08-07 14_06_44-Proxy edit - QMC.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

what helped me was adding our domain to "white list" on the QMC - it is under virtual proxy. I did not have to add actual IP address

muhammadasfand
Contributor II
Contributor II

Did you get the issue resolved? If yes can you please share the workout.

Thanks,

prashanthi_gn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Do I have to add the all the rim node ips to the whitelist??

I see the below error a lot in my repository -->trace -->system logs

Exception received from websocket listener Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.    at System.Net.Security.SslState.EndProcessAuthentication(IAsyncResult result)↵↓   at Qlik.Sense.Communication.Communication.Tcp.StreamFactory.<>c__DisplayClass10_1.<Negotiate>b__2(IAsyncResult result) 9a199504-318b-416e-8a1a-483cc6cfba84