Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I remove the second page of a word report in NPrinting?

When I create a new word report in NPrinting, it defaults to creating a 2 page report.  How do I remove the second page?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Gary,

I've tested this and it appears that a page break is being added when creating a new MS word NPrinting Template in the NP Word template editor.

I suggest that if you wish to avoid this, you can create a separate blank MS Word report template and connect to it for each new report template that you wish to create rather than using the create new report wizard. See attached blank word sample.

blank word template.PNG

However, it is fairly straight forward to clear the page break. Simply click on the first page of the report template in the NP template editor and begin clicking the 'delete' key until the second page disappears. Then begin building your report as needed.

I will report what you found as a bug issue to our R&D department.

For technical support issues of this nature, please report those directly to the Qlik Support desk so that they can be managed in a timely fashion on your behalf.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Gary -

Can you clarify what is happening? Is the template creating a 2nd page that's blank or is it a page that is designed to have content from the template?

Not applicable
Author

The template is creating a second blank page and it creates a blank page when on-demand creates a PDF file.  Our customer would like to have it removed.

Not applicable
Author

From your description, your report should only be 1 page?  does it have any levels or breaks in the report?

can you post a sample or provide the nsq with the report tempalte?

my gues is there is some sort of break forcing it to the next page?

does your tempalte have 2 pages?

Not applicable
Author

I do not have any levels or breaks but NPrinting automatically added a “Section Break(Next Page)”

Gary Westman | Developer – MLT Data Warehouse

Delta Air Lines | 1500 Towerview Road | Department 114 | Eagan, MN 55121

Not applicable
Author

Can you delete the section break?  you should be able to?

can you post the tempalte?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Gary,

I've tested this and it appears that a page break is being added when creating a new MS word NPrinting Template in the NP Word template editor.

I suggest that if you wish to avoid this, you can create a separate blank MS Word report template and connect to it for each new report template that you wish to create rather than using the create new report wizard. See attached blank word sample.

blank word template.PNG

However, it is fairly straight forward to clear the page break. Simply click on the first page of the report template in the NP template editor and begin clicking the 'delete' key until the second page disappears. Then begin building your report as needed.

I will report what you found as a bug issue to our R&D department.

For technical support issues of this nature, please report those directly to the Qlik Support desk so that they can be managed in a timely fashion on your behalf.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Frank.

Gary Westman | Developer – MLT Data Warehouse

Delta Air Lines | 1500 Towerview Road | Department 114 | Eagan, MN 55121