Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Measuring QlikView service UpTime

Hello everyone!

I'm in the look for a way to measure QlikView Server uptime, uptime as in "User enters the AccessPoint and clicks on an app and it correctly loads and serves its purpose".

This metric is needed mainly because we were runnning low on resources on the server and we managed to buy some RAM memory for the server, and since then it has all been running smoothly, but I would like to tell my clients a number on how much did we really improve and which are the service levels we are having now after the upgrade, this is key to reassuring everyone's trust in the applications we are developing and increasing their likelihood of supporting future collaborations and investments needed.

Thank you for any ideas you may spare over this topic!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe this QlikView tool can supplky you the necessary uptime information: QlikView Application: System Monitor v5.1.23

Please keep in mind that the cost of answering this question may become higher than the cost of the RAM you managed to obtain (which is very reasonable these days). An alternate way of quantifying the improvement is to (selectively) poll the end-users about QlikView performance.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe this QlikView tool can supplky you the necessary uptime information: QlikView Application: System Monitor v5.1.23

Please keep in mind that the cost of answering this question may become higher than the cost of the RAM you managed to obtain (which is very reasonable these days). An alternate way of quantifying the improvement is to (selectively) poll the end-users about QlikView performance.

Best,

Peter

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Juan,

you may also want to check out the Qlik supplied Governance Dashboard too!

HTH

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Yeah, I have Governance Dashboard installed already, but I was looking forward to a more direct:

Online Time / Time in the month

Anyways, as  pcammaert‌ getting this answer may consume the RAM I managed to obtain, and the solution he advised seems to be kind of big for our server now.

So, in the meantime, I'm calculating the KPI, the same way, but taking into account only the hours I'm aware of the system being down.

I shall create a simple 2 or 3 question survey to send periodically to the users to assess their feel about the uptime and service.

Thank you both