Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amirkachlon
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting prompt screen on different session

Hi,

I have Nprinting server and console installed on my qlikview server,

recently I get popup dialog "Interactive Services Detection" asking my reaction to nprinting:

interactive.PNG

when I choose "View this message" this windows shown on different session window:

npriting.PNG

only when i click open nprinting task starts, until than it.

any suggestions how to prevent from it to stuck my tasks?

Regards,

Amir

12 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

To all,

To resolve this issue permanently, you must follow and apply the key setup and configuration information in the online documentation below.

Troubleshooting: NPrinting Server Service and Schedules

This is a common issue for most new users of NPrinting,Taking the measures in the link above will result in a smoothly running NPrinting environment.

Further, the interactive services detection is allowing you to see how NPrinting in conjunction with the QV desktop, is behaving in the background (session zero). Thus the appearance of this interface is normal.

For general NPrinting Training and training material, see the following link as well.

NPrinting Training Material

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response and thanks for the suggestion. I had everything setup properly and it was working, just not consistently. The issue as i outlined above was that the first task after the reload task was being skipped. I thought this might be related to the pop up window but apparently this is normal behaviour. This issue only occurs sometimes so my best guess is that it's a glitch that can occur when resources are low?? Either way, it's not great. I have to monitor the automated system to make sure it behaves as expected which it usually does....

louiswinter
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Tom,

We experienced some of the "Interactive Services Detection" pop-up messages when we recently started testing NPrinting.  They were due to the QV.exe desktop app attempting to authorize when opening the qvw via server mode on a different server (using a non domain user) (we resolved this by using a reverse proxy).

If it works sometimes, then the service account must have access to the qvw, and the connection string should be correct.  You can verify this (as well as the service accounts CAL) by logging in as the service account, opening the QV desktop, and opening the qvw the same way it would with your source connection.  Is the service account used for anything else that would be starting QV.exe?  I believe the service account can only have the desktop open once and if anything else has it open when the background task starts, it may produce a popup.