Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omaurice4
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How can I only display one sheet/ hide sheets when embedding an Excel report in HTML within a task?

pivot.PNGsheets.PNG

I am attempting to create a pivot table within an email. I created an excel report, brought in my straight table, converted it to a pivot table, and then embedded that within the message of my task. The problem is instead of only displaying the pivot table, my email message is displaying the pivot table, the hidden data table that it draws from, and all other sheets hidden in the excel report. Is there a way that only one sheet (the pivot table) can be pulled in as html to the message of the task?

8 Replies
Not applicable

How did you embed the report in the email - did you set the output for the Excel report with the pivot table to html and then embed the report within the body email?

The process you are following to have a tue pivot table is more excel functionality than nprinting

If I understand correctly, the sample youa re showing of the pivot and the data are ok, it is the thrist sample that is causing the issue

what does the report look like in html if you jsut did a preview?

omaurice4
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Yes. I set the output for the Excel report with the pivot table to HTML and then embedded that report within the body of the email in the task.

The pivot table is working properly and showing the way it should. The problem is when I send the email and embed the excel report as html in it, everything from the excel report including the hidden sheets that have the data for creating the pivot table are showing.

The pictures above show how the email is showing up. I only want it to display the pivot. I can not do a preview because I am embedded the excel report as html within the message part of the task.

Not applicable

I was curious if previewing the report in html would shed any light on the issue

omaurice4
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

When I preview the report in HTML I can still see the sheet tabs on the bottom and am able to select different sheets. Is there a way to only display one?

Not applicable

if you can see the extra information on the preview, that would explain why it is showing in the email.

Is it save to assume you cannot use the pivot table as-is from QlikView?  I know ther are limitations in NPrinting when a pivot table is exported from QlikView (it is really an issue with the QlikView export, not NPrinting)

in your excel template, delete the 2 other empty sheets.  The tempalte defaults to 3 sheets - delete the ones you are not using

I think it is creating the other 2 sheets because it sees it in the template

Not applicable

in your excel template, delete the 2 other empty sheets.  The tempalte defaults to 3 sheets - delete the ones you are not using

I think it is creating the other 2 sheets because it sees it in the template

omaurice4
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

That still does not account for the fact that it is showing the hidden sheet with the data on it used to make the pivot table.

Not applicable

Agreed

I beleive that is an issue being caused by the conversion to HTML from the excel template - that may be a conversation with support - it sounds like you are doing everything correctly

Just for grins - what happens if you convert/preview it to pdf?  I know you cannot embed pdf in the email I was jsut wondering if you would have the same issue

please let me know what you find out