Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omaurice4
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Pivot Table in html report in NPrinting?

Is there a way to input a pivot table into the HTML report? Not simply the image being dragged in from QlikView.

4 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Olivia -

You will not be able to get any more than an image of the pivot table into an HTML report. There are other options.

First, you will need to clone the pivot table object in QlikView and change that to a straight table. You can hide the cloned object or place it on a hidden sheet if you don't want to expose it to your QlikView users.

From there, follow the process to import the pivot table into an Excel template and recreate your pivot table there: How to Create a Pivot Table from Excel Table Columns

Then when you set up the task, add the Excel template but choose HTML as the output format. This will allow you to embed the report into an email.

omaurice4
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

I have done so, but the HTML report pulls in the straight table that I have on a hidden sheet in Excel to create the pivot table. How can I get it to only pull in the pivot table and not the straight table used for the data for the pivot table within Excel.

Frank_S
Support
Support

In NPrinting, there is no out of the box solution to manage building a pivot table in HTML template editor other than as you mentioned - dragging the Pivot object in as an image.

If you do a google search on "HTML pivot table",you may be able to find a solution/structure to do this. You likely would need to use QV straight table data (clone and convert your pivot table to a straight table) in order to build an html pivot table solution.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III

Did you follow the instructions to a T? The keep source formats flag not being checked would make a huge difference, so would missing any of the formatting steps.