Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Email Attachments as QlikView Data

Hello,

Has anyone ever had a requirement to load data directly from an email attachment?  As in when the QlikView's load script is executed, the data contained in the attachment is pulled directly into the dashboard.  I imagine there's more than one way to do this, and I've looked into QVSource's Mail Connector without much luck.  Pretty much any thoughts anybody has on this will be valuable.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

3 Replies
roger_stone
Creator III
Creator III

I've got to ask - what would you be looking for in the attachments, and would it be structured in any way? Sounds like one of those projects that struggles to deliver because of the nature of the incoming data.

Not applicable
Author

Roger,

Appreciate the response.  The data is going to consistently be an htm file containing tables of data. That's why I thought MailConnector sounded like a good fit, I just haven't been able to get it to actually work.

Thanks,

Steve

roger_stone
Creator III
Creator III

Steve

Can't really help with the mail connector but the QVSource guys are pretty switched on, so you should be able to get it working with their help. I'm not aware of any other connectors that will grab mail attachments for you.

Good Luck!

Roger