Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems with the Gauge chart

Hi,

I am developing an application for a study case in the university where I have to provide useful info to a Sales Manager. I am trying to use a Gauge chart to easily check which salespersons are doing it well and which are not. I have divided the chart in two sections (red and green) and I want to see if a salesperson is selling or not more than the average so I put no dimensions and Sum(Sales) as the expression.

The problem is that I don't know how to put the Average(Sales) of the whole company as the limit separating segment 1 from segment 2. I have tried to set the Max value as Avg(Sales)*2 so that the average value is the limit, but when I select a salesperson the value of the limit changes so that I can not get the info I want.

How can I make the limit or the metrics of the chart independent from the current selection? I mean, if the average sales per salesperson in the company is 50 to make this the limit so that it does not change depending on the selection made. This way if a salesperson's sales are 55 the needle should be in the green segment and if the sales are lower than 50 in the red segment.

Hope you can help me because I am sure it must be really easy but I am going crazy with this chart. Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maneshkhottcpl
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

U can use

avg( {1} total Sales ) if suing qv 8.5 or higher

else

use Avg(All Sales)

post me ur application for any issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
maneshkhottcpl
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

U can use

avg( {1} total Sales ) if suing qv 8.5 or higher

else

use Avg(All Sales)

post me ur application for any issue.

Not applicable
Author

Now I want to show using a text in chart the percentage and I've done the following:

I've added a text in chart with the expression:

=(Avg(Sales))/((Avg({1}total Sales)*2))*100

which shows me the percentage value but without the "%" at the end.

How can I do it?

Thank you

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try this

=num((Avg(Sales))/((Avg({1}total Sales)*2)),''##.##%)

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Using this it doesn't show anything, just "-" like if there was no number to show